Sunday, December 14, 2014

ARC Review: All Fall Down by Ally Carter

Powerful. Inspiring. Eye opening. A book filled with a young girl who learns to find herself throughout the course of the book. It seems that everyone is against Grace, including her own mind. It is a play of words, a rollercoaster of emotions and an adventure in itself. I picked up the book hoping to find something different from the average "girl meets boy and they fall in love” story. Honestly, I was trying to get away from the love stories in general. It seems like every book today has a sort of love connection as a  plot and there is not always a happy ending in the real world. Reading All Fall Down allows the reader see the importance in the friendship between Grace and the boy next door. They stick together throughout the challenges her mind places on her. With  her mother dead and only her memory of the scar- the scar of the man who killed her mother- left behind, Grace needs to find a way for someone to believe her.


The author takes the reader on a journey that has you feeling like you are Grace. It leaves you wanting to shout at her grandfather and go on her journeys. I thought I knew how the story was going to end.  All the facts where there, or so I thought. Even reading the last couple pages I was shocked. The ending is nothing I expected. Ally Carter took a complete turn on how she decided to end her story and it absolutely worked. At no point in the book did I feel like abandoning it, despite my habit of abandoning every other book I attempt to read. She shows how strong girls can be and that girls do not need loads of makeup and the the fanciest clothes or shoes to show she can do anything and make it out on top.

I was very fortunate to have the privilege to read an advanced copy of All Fall Down (Book #1 in Embassy Row series) by Ally Carter. I wish I could read it again and again and I might end up doing just that! Even knowing the ending, it would still be like my first time reading it. It is a must-read and should be on everyone's reading list. It is a great book for those who enjoy realistic fiction and a bit of mystery. All Fall Down is set to be released on January 27, 2015. I will be looking forward to the sequel of All Fall Down as Ally Carter continues to write her new Embassy Row series.

by Karla B

No comments:

Post a Comment