Tuesday, January 1, 2019

ARC Review: Estranged


ARC Review: Estranged


Estranged




When I first picked up Estranged I thought it was going a quick read I would forget about and leave it. behind
 
Boy was I wrong. 

When I saw it was getting the sequel, I got really excited. The story starts off with The Childe who was swapped with the dominating species of the world below, the Fae, a species capable of wielding magic. Every so often they would switch a human child with one of theirs (called a changeling), just to have a human. There is peace in the world below before the evil sorceress Hawthorne comes and takes the throne. The human Childe goes to find his changeling, to save the world below.

My favorite character is probably Whick because of his design and how he acts around the other characters. He also feels right in place with the other things and creatures in the story. The way he is made and bound to the human Childe is very creative, instead of him being completely free-willed until part of the book shows them welting away the symbol that binds him. I would love to see more of Whick in the next book and possibly Hawthorne not being gone. 

Title: Estranged
Author: Ethan M. Aldridge
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Reviewed By: Harrison M.


No comments:

Post a Comment