Tuesday, January 1, 2019

ARC Review: I Have Lost My Way



ARC Review: I Have Lost My Way


In the novel I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman, three people find themselves all lost in a different way with their stories somehow intertwined. Freya is a new singer who is ready drop her debut album, but she has lost her voice. Harun just broke up with his boyfriend and his parents are ready to send him back to their native country to find a woman to marry. Nathaniel arrived in New York City with only a bookbag, for he has lost everything he once had.
After seeing something very upsetting, an angered Freya trips and falls off of a small bridge. She happens to land on Nathaniel, with Harun as the only witness. Over the course of one day, they get to know each other and find something that they all really could use. True happiness.
My favorite character in this book would have to be Nathaniel. He did not have a very bright childhood, and only grew up around his wild scatterbrained dad. He always learned from the wild experiments his dad came up with and went with them, even when nothing good actually came from the experience. Nathaniel always kind of went with the flow, which is not something I am really good at.
I would recommend this book to seventh grade and up.  I really enjoyed the book because I enjoyed when the characters were together, all happy and jovial. It made me feel like I was one of them, so I was happy too. In this book, Gayle Forman wrote about things that could really happen, such as, divorce, a parent or sibling leaving and not communicating a lot, and even rights and the way of life in the LGBTQ+ community. Therefore, I give this a book five out of five-star rating because it is such an amazing book. You will want to keep reading and reading, especially at the end, and experience true happiness along with Freya, Harun, and Nathaniel and will be sad when it’s over.   

Review By: Kellyn HS

I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman follows the lives of three characters named Freya, Harun and Nathaniel. These three characters end up feeling lost in their lives until they meet each other in New York. Together they help each other find themselves again. Along the way, they confront their past that has been holding them back. This all happens in the span of one day. In my opinion this is a good book. I like the factors of friendship and the way that the characters all help each other. The writing style is very interesting in terms of the way it goes through all the characters perspectives and has flashbacks to explain what happened in the characters lives before they met. The way that the story includes all different diverse stories, makes the book very interesting.

Title: I Have Lost My Way
Author: Gayle Forman
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
By: Isabella B.


No comments:

Post a Comment